When I remodeled our stage over the summer, I designed the lightboxes in Sketchup first so that I’d have precise measurements and something to show. Since that worked so well, I decided to make a model of the entire room to have for any future projects. I recently configured our lighting rig in a way that shouldn’t have to be altered for quite some time, so I updated the Sketchup model to reflect the exact rig.

I brought the updated model into Cinema 4D to try to get a realistic render out of it. I spent an hour or so texturing and adjusting the models, and got a pretty nice result. I also made a chart to put near the lightboard as a reference for all our volunteers to help the inevitable confusion that any lighting set up brings.