This project has been in the works for a very long time now. I was asked to model and animate a character originally done in Illustrator as a spokesperson of sorts for a building campaign our church (and employer) was embarking on.

After adapting Billy into the 3D world, I went into a few concept animations.

From there we went into full production. This was my first major modeling, rigging, & animation project and I definitely felt the complexity of it first hand. After errors, overnight renders, crashing programs, layers and layers of compositing, multiple embarrassing drafts, we got to the final video:

I’ve included some of my workflow screenshots for those interested.